BLOOD ORANGE PANNA COTTA From Chef Brian Lopez, Luna Stella
Updated: Mar 15
Yield: 15 molds
2-1/3 cups blood orange juice
7 tablespoons blood orange zest
6 gelatin sheets
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup goats milk Greek yogurt
1 cup heavy cream
6 tablespoons lemon juice
1. Bloom gelatin sheets in an ice bath.
2. In a medium saucepan, add blood orange juice, zest and sugar. Bring over medium-low heat just until sugar dissolves.
3. Remove from heat. Allow it to come to room temp.
4. Once gelatin is soft and easy to squeeze, wring excess water from the sheets and place them in the saucepan with the blood orange juice and sugar (careful not to place them in when the juice is still too warm -the gelling effect will decrease).
5. In a mid-sized bowl, combine the Greek yogurt, heavy cream, and lemon juice. Whisk until mixture is fluid.
6. Pass mixture through a fine sieve or cheesecloth to remove any possible clumps from the yogurt.
7. Pass blood orange juice through a fine sieve as well to remove the zest.
8. Combine the blood orange juice and the yogurt mixture. Whisk until fully incorporated.
9. Ladle mixture into 2 to 3 ounce molds or ramekins. Refrigerate for two hours or until fully set, whichever comes first.
Garnish: Sprinkle with freeze-dried raspberries for a textured bite, or shave some dark chocolate using a micro-plane.
Chocolate…Citrus…it’s just meant to be. Enjoy!